Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The power of three

I'm kind of terrible with dates. It was only halfway through the morning that I realized that three years ago today, this happened...


Classically it's the ladies who remember things like anniversaries and such things but as it happens, in my equation (with D) I'M the one who commonly remembers after him. However, I believe that the reason why this happens is because I'm very much a forward thinker and rather than focusing on reflecting on whatever happened in the past, I'm always thinking about what lies ahead in the future.

D and I have had quite an amazing journey of the matrimonial-kind. And I'm not gonna lie... it's not always been easy but the joy that has come from all of the tremendous effort it takes sometimes is undoubtedly boundless and easily that of what could only be called marital bliss. At this stage in our marriage I think D and I are definitely beyond the "honeymoon" phase and, after this last year, I would would also say that we are also over some major hurdles that many others before use were never able to struggle through and overcome. Truly, the only way we have been able to make it through is because we keep our faith in the Lord as the core of our marriage and the love that Christ teaches us to have as the thing that helps us to stay bound together. It's these two essential things that have helped us to overcome life's greatest difficulties and challenges and also REALLY celebrate the triumphs and the joys.

I thank my Lord God for blessing me with a marriage to my best friend that could be called nothing other than amazing and completely worth it. This morning I forgot about the milestone of today but that's because I've enjoyed all of my days with D so much that I'm just constantly looking towards the many tomorrows that I pray Christ will continue to bless us both with.

To: D - Happy Anniversary, Lovey! 
Here's to so many more of these 
that we lose count of how many there are!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...