I have a confession to make. I might be enjoying Miss A's preschool experience more than she is.
She's grown so much in the past week since her transition to preschool and I've really enjoyed being just as much a part of that as well. I've loved meeting her little friends, hearing her tell stories about what she's done, making her bento boxes for breakfast/lunch, and helping her to do things like select what to take for show-and-tell.
I'm already planning what we will do for her birthday celebrations with her class but in the meanwhile I've been scheming (for weeks, I might add) on what we would do for her Valentine's exchange with her classmates. Since I'm just about obsessed with blogging (doing my own as much as reading others) months ago I stumbled upon a really cute idea to upcycle crayons into fun shapes! I immediately bookmarked the idea and made a mental note to do something with it for the next major holiday that would involve giving to others. Valentine's day was the perfect opportunity to do this!
I bought a box of old crayons from my favorite thrift store weeks ago for a little less than $2 and also picked up a heart shaped pan to mold them. It was a little hard to get them out of the molds even after they cooled down so I know next time I will use a silicon pan to remedy that. I took pictures of the process from start to finish...
And here they are finished! I affixed them to some old stationary cards and then penned the outside message with sharpie. The inside message simply read, "Love, *Miss A*" (I wrote her full name out)
And then because we've all had such a wonderfully smooth transition and I know it's because (in large part) because of her wonderful teachers and I (and D as well) am a teacher and I always appreciate a good unexpected thank you note, I made these for her teachers and enclosed a Starbucks card on the inside with a message that read, "Thanks a 'Latte' for all you do!" I hope they like them! I'm not a scrapbooker or stationary artist but these were awfully fun to make.


No comments:
Post a Comment