D and I were up until past 2AM last night trying to "remodel" (for lack of better way to put it) what was once my cramped and sad home art studio into something that is both usable for creating artwork as much as storing all of the supplies I have - both personal and business.
I am trying my best to just let D sleep in because last night he was nothing short of "my hero" when I accidentally assembled a corner shelving unit in the wrong order (to be fair the directions were hardly specific or explicit enough) and it become impossible for me to put together. He gave me the "easy" stuff and he took over for me where I royally fudged everything up. *SIGH* Thank the good Lord above for my amazing husband!!!
So, this morning I'm trying my best to 1) stay awake, 2) keep Miss A entertained/happy/and reasonably quiet, and 3) not get too slap happy because I definitely am approaching the point where I am deliriously barely awake. Miss A got to bed an hour later than usual so she might be a little bit feistier than normal but I think she also might be a little slap-happy as well because... well... she just is that way these days! She's just becoming a little person who does and says stuff that is just plain pure entertainment! Case in point: yesterday morning she came up to me with one of her stuff animals and said, "She's my best friend! High-five, Mama! High-five the bunny!!" And she helped the bunny hold up its paw to high-five me and then immediately after she ordered me to "pound it" with the bunny in the fashion of the fist-pound. Perhaps I'm becoming one of those people who just think their kid is more awesome than any other but I am just loving how much of a ham she's becoming!!!
Anyway, back to what I was trying to do at the beginning of this post which was share a video of this mornings antics. Miss A somehow has boundless amounts of slap-happy energy and she spent a good 15-20 minutes of it "serenading" me with a whole catalog (as it were) of all of the songs she knows and has been learning at preschool. Some of the really good ones I didn't even get because I wasn't fast enough at getting to the camera but I did get a pretty amazing rendition of her singing "Old MacDonald." Pay close attention to the very end at the pinnacle of the song when she holds the last note and then plops down on the couch and declares what a good day this is!
No comments:
Post a Comment