Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Who needs Picasso?

Since I'm an Art teacher, I'm already inclined to exploration of the visual arts with Miss A. We've tried our hand at cooking and baking, around Christmas time we worked on handmade ornaments, and we've also tried finger painting. Well, we've graduated to bigger and better things!!! Miss A has taken the giant leap to canvas paintings.

In all honesty, I'm not a very good painter. My strengths as a visual artist are more in the way of 3D and digital art. I've always loved painting though and I've always tried to do it on the biggest canvases I could get away with.

D and Miss A stopped in to see me last week during one of my late nights at school/work. Ever the opportunist, I set Miss A up with some paints and a leftover canvas from one of my classes straight away. She started out with a palette of four colors in the neon family but she got so into mixing them that they ended up becoming a beautiful vibrant shade of raspberry.

She painted her first stretched canvas piece entirely by herself and I couldn't be more proud of it and of her...


With her pending 2nd birthday, I'm thinking that I will make canvas paintings a tradition so that we eventually amass a private collection of her masterpieces. I'm planning to hang them in a group so that we will be able to see her "technique" evolve through the years.

Yay for new traditions!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...