Wednesday, June 2, 2010

License to drive

We're still alive! I promise!!!

Our absence has largely been due to the busyness of the end of the year for both D and myself but also because poor Miss A has recently been under the weather and not entirely herself. What we suspected were her "terrible twos" making a grand entrance turned out to be something that has now become known in our house as "icky belly" - or "icky Beh-wee," as Miss A says it.

Thankfully, Miss A is feeling back to her usual wonderful self and today we celebrated with giving her an early birthday present!!

(OK. So really it was unplanned to give her the present early and it's more that I was probably too excited to wait to give it to her and she never would have known the difference if I had just waited but I maintain that it's in her better interest to give it to her early - despite the fact that this is now the second present I've done this with - because we don't want to overwhelm her with all of the presents that we've found for her to celebrate her 2nd birthday now do we? Right?!!)

*ahem*

Anyway...

D and I have thought long and hard about what we wanted to give her this year for her birthday. Since we aren't doing the typical birthday party this year, we figured we'd scale it up in the area of her presents a little and pick things that were going to be things that we knew she would really love even if they cost a bit more. We went back and forth with lists and links of things we found and it's looking like, so far, we've hit the jackpot with all that we've picked out for her.

This present was one that I was able to figure out after a whole lot of brainstorming and considering of things like the following:
  • She loves role playing and pretending to be like "big people"
  • She likes going places in the car
  • She enjoys cars, planes, trucks (and all other "things that go" for you Richard Scarry fans out there!) just like D does
  • She's interested in experiencing the relationship between cause and effect

I really researched the idea I finally came up with to find the most fun and involved version of a driving console that I could. We (of course) would have loved to have gotten her a little power wheels version of Grammy and Grandpap's Cooper but it might still be a little too soon for that as she's still working on some on figuring out her fine and gross motor skills just yet.

Anyway, she played with this thing for a LONG time and I would recommend this version to anyone who is looking for a "play" driving console that is as realistic as they come - completely with turn signaling, moving windshield wiper blades, radio that switches tunes, and car alarm that turns off and on and siren sounds...



Pretty nifty, eh? Yeah... D and I have thought so as much as Miss A.

We'll (of course) let you know if we still think so in about a week and we are losing our hearing from the deafening volume of the sirens that it has WITHOUT volume control.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...