Friday, June 11, 2010

Two and one

If you didn't know, yesterday was Miss A's birthday and our girl is now officially two whole years and one day old.

It's so amazing to me because, as cliched as it sounds, it seems like just yesterday she was like this...


And now look at her!! Such a little lady of wonder and energy and spirit that we couldn't even try to contain if we wanted to.



Yesterday we quietly celebrated with some gifts sent from afar by Grammy and Grandpap... (here is video of Miss A opening one of them)...




And after the gifts, we had a lovely dinner with Nana and PopPop at our favorite local Chinese buffet with a dessert of Minnie Mouse birthday cake. Funny enough, I couldn't get a picture of the cake to post her because Miss A took it upon herself to dig in before I could even get to it. Oh well! It was HER birthday afterall. She's allowed all the party fouls that she'd like to have.

Today I stayed home with Miss A so we could go to the doctor for her two year check-up and she measured at 20th percentile for her height and weight and 50th for her head. She's also stacking up in the 3 year developmental range for her motor skills, verbal skills, and demonstrated cognitive abilities and even though she cried and was so upset to be at the doctor's she even said (through the tears - of course!), "thank you" and "have a nice day" to the doctor when he was done with the check-up!! It was so sweet and I was so proud of her.

So... now I'm the mama to a two year old little lady. So bittersweet because I keep doing the silly mom thinking that it won't be long until she's off graduating college and getting married and having kids of her own! I know all of that is still plenty far off from now seeing as how Miss A is still working on potty training but it's hard to deny that this two years with her (so far) hasn't flown by pretty quickly already and so much has changed. But one thing that won't change? How much she is loved and adored by all.

She's our little shining beacon of joy and sweetness and we will never ever EVER be able to get enough of her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...