Thursday, January 29, 2009

How do we look?

Here we are! And with a serious facelift!!!

I, honestly, really really liked our old template but D insisted from the beginning that the red/maroon was reminscent of something in the way of bloodstains and if you knew the neighborhood that we live in, that kind of association is far from one of which we want to be reminded.

With Spring just around the corner, I got all inspired to give us a new look! I really love big, bright, and bold colors and even though I'm sure that D would have loved for me to go for something more in the way of Black and Gold (Go Steelers!) - I think what I've been able to pull together here is much better at representing what we are going for. I was able to find a decent base template online for FREE (Ha! to all of the folks who are paying almost $100 for new blog makeovers!!!) and then I tapped into my graphic design and old html coding skills to personalize it and make it ours. Not too shabby, eh?

The masthead (that's the big green thing at the top) is supposed to be representative of every member of the Ellwood clan. See if you can guess who is who and what is what!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...