Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Elephant in the room

Last year at this time I was doing all kinds of planning for both the wedding and baby A!!! Few people know this about me (well, not anymore not that I've mentioned it here) but I'm actually a very indecisive person. For this reason alone, planning anything is really Really REALLY hard for me and almost what some of my worst nightmares are made of. (I'm being a bit dramatic here but I'm just trying to make a point, okay?)

Despite all of my "issues" with planning, I really (somehow?) enjoyed baby planning. I think it was last year at this time that I decided to do A's nursery in "All things Elephants." I happen to really love elephants. Some people like bunnies (hi Grammy G!), some people like animal butts (hi Aunt H!!), and some people are just really into the Steelers (hi D and all of the family in Pittsburgh!!!!) but for me? I'm all about the elephants. As it has happened, the nursery theme ended up being changed to one of airplanes and flying and Amelia Earhart stuff but that hasn't stopped me from collecting elephant things as well.

Last year at our wedding welcome dinner at Dave and Buster's, I was able to earn enough price points together to cash in on a big, fluffy, stuffed elephant toy!!! (This was when the elephant theme was still going strong!) It's SO soft and cuddly and even though A's nursery is all about airplanes, we have kept the big elephant on "display" by wedging it in one of the corners of her crib.

The other day, A and I got up to do our usual morning routine. I changed her and dropped her back into her crib to play while I took the dog out and read my morning devotionals. After awhile I noticed that A had gotten very quiet while playing. I became both concerned and curious of what she was doing so I went into her nursery and found her in quite the amusing situation...




She had somehow managed to pull the elephant from the corner of her crib and was wrestling around with it!!! Alligator wrestling I've heard of but elephant wrestling??? That is just ridiculous. Still, A was having a blast doing so and I couldn't help but pull out the camera to document it all.

Here she is after I wrestled the elephant away from her. I sat her up in the crib right next to the elephant.


[To those concerned with crib safety and thinking that stuffed animals in the crib are seriously hazardous: Fear not!!! The elephant is nearly as huge and imposing as it might appear to be!!! It's actually very lightweight enough for A to pick up and swing around if she wants to so it's very very difficult for her to do anything like get trapped underneath of it or something.]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...