Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tutu cute

I try my best to be as creative as possible when it comes to photography. Try as I might, I can't stop wanting to jump on the bandwagon and put little A in a tutu for a proper portrait. (See here for some other babies in tutus) Very unfortunately, the cost of a good tutu is somewhere in the $25-30 range. And call me way too practical but I can't bring myself to get one since I'm really only getting it to put A in it, take a few pictures and be done with it all. It would be one thing if she were a little older and she cared about things like clothing because then, I feel like, she could use it for dress-up sessions! So, where does this leave me?

Well, try the clearance section of Target! Months ago they were selling these little sparkly tulle skirts and I was able to pick up a cream colored one the other day for a measly $2.50!!! It's definitely a skirt and not a tutu in how it lacks serious volume and structure but it did the job well enough this morning when I attempted to make it work.

Certainly a real tutu would have had more of the effect that I was going for but jus the same, I think Baby A is just as adorable with her tutu "knockoff" as she could have been with a real tutu. Someday... someday... we'll try this again...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...