This morning I decided to change things up a bit and start my day in a different way. Despite the fact that school officially ended for me last week, I'm still working at school for this whole week and then next week I'm working from home and then the weeks following that, I will be - you guessed it! - working in the most mobile way one could imagine. Anybody that tells you teachers have it easy doesn't know two things about three!
Anyway, because my days are filled to the brim and go-go-go all the time, I've been trying to reevaluate my workflow. Hitting the ground running is great but it's possible to be moving so fast that you don't realize the ground has fallen out beneath you until you believe you've traveled miles but you actually need to return to square one! I'm trying very hard to slooooooooooowwww dooooooooooooowwwwnn a little. I believe if I can do this, my overall work quality will be better versus more. So this morning, I started with a walk in Miss A's flower picking garden.
For as much as D and I really love some good landscaping, we simply don't have the time to do the fancy-schmancy stuff that we both really REALLY love. We need something that is very much no frills and no fuss. But Miss A just LOVES flowers! Our solution? Those big bags of butterfly flower mixes that they sell at home improvement stores for, like, seven bucks a bag or something. And for all of the time that we don't have to do gardening, the butterfly garden flowers don't need any of that anyway. Last year we tried it out and it worked pretty well by the end of the season and earlier this year we just added more to the mix and everything is now in full bloom! Miss A has flowers to pick for days if she wants (and she definitely does!) and we don't have to fuss with the acidity of our water or special trimming instructions. All we have to do is sit back and wait for things to be in bloom every morning! And, of course, there are always the fat little bumblebees that we have to get out the way of. They're just so cute...




No comments:
Post a Comment