Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Lost Pictures of Spring Break - part 1 of 2

I know that I shouldn't measure my life in what I have but when I thought I lost these pictures I was pretty crushed. I'm naturally a visual person and though I have a great memory because of that, I really like having the tangible images created from a camera. (Funny how what is tangible now is digital and is actually not really all that tangible in the physical sense but that's another blog post right?)

Anyway, what once was lost has finally been found. OH amazing grace how you work in wonderful ways when my ability to multi-task fails to coordinate with my memory of what I'm doing when and where! I apologize if they aren't in the correct chronological order - I'm all out of sorts now that I feel like I completed the Spring break series. Without further adieu... I present to you the lost pictures...

PapPap is legendary for his love for all of the little ones. I can't tell you how many times I was told (during pregnancy) that "PapPap LOVES babies!" Woo! People were NOT kiddin' about that! Here he is with both V and Miss A. I only wish that I had a picture of them all dancing with the side-stepping frog as well...

And what Easter celebration would be complete without a visit with a bunny! Thankfully, Grandpap and Grammy have a REAL bunny and nobody was walking through the door in one of those creepy Easter bunny costumes with the weird giant heads. (Seriously? They are creepier than some of the mall Santa Clauses out there!) Miss A was all about the "bunny Bunny BUNNY?" during the whole stay and frequently asked if she could go downstairs to see it and tell it "Hi Bunny!" Too bad her enthusiasm wasn't a little more on point when Grammy brought it up to sit with her and Little V for a traditional Easter portrait. *shrug* Oh well. Can't win 'em all...



And, finally, my favorite series of pictures of all that I was most heartbroken over possibly losing.

Miss A is a very demonstrative little lady when it comes to showing her affections. She rarely dislikes anyone but when she loves you, she is completely forthright in showing you just how much love that is! I can't remember what happened exactly but I think Little V took a little bit of a tumble in his "new walker" ways and he was very upset. His mother (Aunt H) scooped him up right away to comfort him but something about it all prompted Miss A to step in and try and take over for Aunt H. Why? Well because (OF COURSE!) NOBODY can be a little love and comfort like Miss A can, right? I was lucky enough to have my camera in hand to be able to catch the beautiful and tender moment as it unfolded...





I took some serious artistic license to digitally manipulate the colors, contrasts, lighting, and focus of the above but that was only to enhance what was already there to begin with and emphasize how my heart saw it as much as my camera. I tell you... there is nothing quite so heartbreaking (in a GOOD way) as seeing the above take place. It's like it's pure validation as a parent of what you're teaching and doing and showing your child in how to be towards other. If this is how Miss A does unto others for the rest of her life, I'm thinking that D and I will have few problems at all. What a little heart of gold she has.

And there is one more round of lost pictures but I'm going to have to save that for another time because I'm late as it is leaving work and I gotta get to the store to buy diapers and food!



1 comment:

AshleyHami said...

Yay for finding the lost photos! The ones of A hugging are priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...