I figured it would be hard to convince Miss A to sit nicely at a picnic table and eat her PB & J so I strapped her into her stroller and we headed into the "Enchanted Forest."
(A little history that I just learned today: The original Enchanted Forest used to be one of the only local area amusement parks that was really little more than a bunch of statuettes designed after classic storybook tales. When it officially closed it's doors, the Clark family was able to obtain the Cinderella pumpkin coach so that local families could still enjoy it. The original owners of all of the rest of the amusements of the Enchanted Forest were so impressed by the Clark family's commitment to preserving the spirit of the Enchanted Forest alive that it was agreed that all of the rest of the amusements would follow until the entire Enchanted Forest was moved completely to the Clark family's farm land. Thus, the Enchanted Forest found it's new home and families have been able to continue enjoying it and not have it be just another chapter of local history.)
Since it would have been mean of me to force Miss A to stay seated during the entire trip through the Enchanted Forest, we took our time and would walk a little, and then take a little interlude so that she could get out and walk around while nibbling on her sandwich. I wasn't able to take too many pictures of her with the incredible statues because that would have meant that she would have been able to just run wild and free like a crazy woman. I DID manage to get one really good shot of her with her favorite statues though and I'm sure if the Dish and the Spoon had been real, she surely would have run away with them (as I said before, wild and free like a crazy woman) right after the cow jumping over the moon...
It's hard to tell by the picture but she was actually standing there holding hands with the Dish. So cute because I think she really actually thought they were real by the way she just stood there holding onto the hand like it was going to take off and run away!A lot of the amusements were a little big and intimidating to her because she's just a little too much of a shorty just yet to be able to see inside of the ones that are now closed off by plexiglass and meant to be enjoyed from the outside looking in. The bright colors intrigued her enough but since it was hard for her to see in any of the windows, she would basically just walk around them a little bit and then get bored and run off into the surrounding areas of grassy knolls. Here she is outside of the house of the Three Bears and Goldilocks...

She's such a little peanut that she was barely even tall enough to look into the extra-large keyhole that was meant just for peeking in!
After the Enchanted Forest I knew that she needed a little time to be able to play in areas sized closer to her. Luckily there were these tiny little playhouses that were by the lovely shaded picnic area and Miss A thought they were just about the best things EVER!!! I mean, seriously!!!! WHOLE houses?!!! And just the perfect size for her?!!! She was in pure and complete bliss and kept going in them and coming out of them over and over again like she couldn't believe that they existed.

This little primitive looking cabin was her favorite of all and watching her enjoy it as much as she did got the gears in my head going with thinking that "Hmmmm... maybe D and I should design and make one of these for her upcoming birthday!" *sigh* If she ends up being a spoiled little girl, it will end up being our fault alone because we always just want to give her the world to have absolutely for her own.
The other little playhouse was slightly bigger than the little cabin and I think it was a little too big for her because I was able to stand up inside of it comfortably. She did very much enjoy the REAL (but terribly out of tune) upright piano inside that was amazingly teeny-tiny and absolutely the perfect size for her. (This picture looks blurry because I had to take it through an old scratched up window pane.)

And before we finally had to leave, we were able to squeeze out just enough time to be able to eat a delicious strawberry shortcake bar...

And then play one last time at one of the amazingly huge playgrounds...



We definitely have plans to return to the farm and the forest sometime in the near future so that we can go on the hayride (the one thing we didn't do!) and we're hoping that next time D will be able to come along as well. Perhaps even YOU can come too! *wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment