Saturday, February 6, 2010

The beginning of the beginning

I admit it. I completely doubted all of the weather forecasts that we would be getting all that much snow. I mean, despite all of the reports, I thought we'd be getting 12 inches MAYBE 16 but that's really all I thought because come on! Isn't 24-30 inches ridiculous to even think about? Especially for this area when at this time last year we were able to wear shorts by the end of February?

Fat chance that's happening this year!

The snow started yesterday late morning time and it has continued through the day, night, and now another morning. It's not showing any signs of slowing down and the 40 MPH winds are drifting the snow to the point where it's going to be hard for some people to even be able to open their doors. I have yet to even think of going out there in what the weather station has no deemed a full on blizzard. Perhaps we'll be able to go back to school by next Monday at least. I wish I were exaggerating.

In the meanwhile, Miss A has amused herself by trying to repeatedly steal the empty jug of milk from the garbage pile. Mind you, we don't encourage playing with trash in our house but when you've got a little girl who is just trying to make the best of things while essentially being trapped in her own house? Well, all kinds of rules (within reason) are bent to help keep people happy and busy.


Whenever the snow does let up, Miss A has a newly altered winter hat to wear to keep her pretty little head cozy and warm. I was able to extend the ear flaps and frame her face better with no more than an hour of crocheting and I'd say it looks a lot more like an aviator cap than it did before.



Until we're able to finally get out of our house to be able to have some fun without all of this snow, it's looking like we just have to hunker down and deal with being stuck inside of the house. Miss A is already going a little stir crazy with cabin fever and has given us a sampling of what she might be like in her adolescence if we ever have to put her on lock-down...


For those of you not well-versed in text talk, MYOB means "Mind your own business." (Don't worry. I had to look Google for it's translation too.)

Let's just hope this isn't a preview of what Miss A's teenaged years will be like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...