Friday, September 9, 2011

BEST. FLOWERGIRL. EVER!!!

I wanted to post an update about Miss A's flowergirl debut earlier this week but I couldn't because I didn't have any pictures to show as well.

I know. No pictures? I'm a professional photographer! NO PICTURES?!!

*sigh*

In my defense, I didn't bring my camera with me on purpose - 1) because I really wanted to focus on being there to enjoy the event and support my sweet little flowergirl and 2) I've been doing A LOT of photography work (seriously? business is booming and that's an understatement) and I needed a break from being the photographer.

Never fear! My dad took some completely wonderful pics of Miss A in all of her flowergirl glory. Here she is walking down the aisle and taking her job very VERY seriously...

And here she is shakin' her groove thang on the dance floor right before she was forced off of it to make way for the bride and groom's first dance...


Yeah. She's my little dancing machine. What you don't see a picture of is how much of a fit she was pitching because she did NOT want to share the dance floor with anyone else.

And here's a bonus picture...


Can you figure out what that is? Well, it's officially in her "baby book" as the image that documents "baby's first roller coaster." YEAH.

A friend of us very generously gifted us with a trio of tickets to Hershey Park and because we were in the area for the wedding and they were about to expire, we spent a day there and had THE BEST TIME EVER!!! We actually were there until the horrible rains that have been happening started and closed the park down just before 10PM last Saturday night but before that point? We managed to sneak in a trip to Chocolate World, the water park, and just about every ride that Miss A was tall enough to ride INCLUDING the Coal Cracker (basically the water coaster/log flume) and the Trail blazer roller coaster that doesn't have big loops or upside down action but has a serious corkscrew and plenty of speed and herking and jerking to make it feel plenty like a roller coaster. Our little thrill seeker could not get enough of either of the coasters and insisted on riding both back to back until the park was forced closed by the rain. One of my favorite memories of her three's will forever be helping her to climb into the roller coaster car WITH her security blanket in hand, help her lift the safety bar down to secure her and then watching both of her arms shoot straight up into the air before the coaster even started to move because she was that ready to go! What a girl! WHAT A GIRL!

We had such a good time that we have decided that our goal is to take a trip back there every year and start a new family tradition. Can't wait for next year's trip! Hopefully she'll be at least as tall as the Hershey's kiss or Reese's cup cut offs so she will be able to go on the bigger coasters.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...