Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh hi

I took this picture of Miss A this morning on the drive in to school/work...


If that doesn't sum up things these days then I just don't know what does.

Every single one of us Ellwoods are SO busy these days. D is wrapping up the bits and pieces of his grad studies, coordinating the student teaching program at his school, and trying to kick off a "save the athletics program" type thing at his school despite the fact that all programs have been cut county-wide. And me? Well, the short of it is that I'm swamped with work of all sorts that include (but are not limited to) trying to be supermom and superwife, teaching, writing as a monthly columnist for a website for professional photography professionals, booking and shooting more freelance photography work than I have ever seen at any one time before, and keeping up with my newly established (and very well received) painting party business. And Miss A? Well, she's rolling with all of the punches and growing like a little weed.

I am hoping that the craziness that has been the beginning of the school year is just that - the beginning of the school year - and so the nonstop goingGoingGOING will sloooooooooooooowww down already. I don't know though. We're so grateful for the blessing of jobs/work more than we have time for at a time when we keep hearing about more and more people being without employment but still, it's definitely been far from easy trying to do all of the things we have felt called to do.

This weekend was supposed to be Homecoming weekend for my school but as it's happening, a number of really huge noteworthy events are having to be shelved (the game and the dance) so that cuts me/us a little break. (We were going to the game and then D and I were possibly going to chaperone the dance.) With a little more of an open schedule, perhaps we can do something fun like take Miss A to her first movie theater experience and see the Lion King? Not sure. Staying up and hunting down the grape tomatoes that have somehow started growing in our butterfly garden (without us realizing they were there) could be a whole heck of a lot more fun. We shall see! Whatever the case, take this as a commitment that I will try to be more present on this blog WITH pictures of whatever we get ourselves into. Let's just hope this isn't easier said than done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...