Friday, September 30, 2011

The $3 dress from Target

When I was growing up, I was a cross between a hand-me-down kid and a kid who seemingly never grew and could wear the same clothes from elementary school far into middle school. I was a pipsqueak and that's putting it mildly. In some cases this was a good thing because that meant that whenever I did get new clothes, they were generally higher quality (so they would last) and also of a style that was more classic than trendy (again, so they would last). Still? I often longed for clothing that was more trendy than classic and more novel than mainstay.

Miss A, being of genetic inheritance of myself and a great-grandmother who almost (but didn't) make it to the five foot mark, is carrying on the legacy of being a pipsqueak. I don't even know what percentile she is in for her age group but last we checked (months and months ago), she was barely in the 5th percentile. Now? She might very well have dropped off of the bottom of the charts. She is well into her 3s and she can still wear 24m/2T clothes reasonably comfortably. She went through a growth spurt just a few weeks ago but even now when I know most of her buddies are already getting into 4T sizes, she's barely climbing into the 3T range - mostly for shirts and upperbody wear.

Last weekend when I was in Target, I breezed through her section of clothing and scored two really cute summer shift dresses in fun patterns for only $3 a piece! I could have gotten the 3T but with Fall making its way into our region and summer months away now, I figured I should go with the 4T instead. Miss A discovered these dresses and insisted upon wearing them now while it was still warm. Her favorite one is pictured below - red with pink "Holka" dots (as she calls them).



The first picture is her trying to show a "Skeeter" bite (mosquito bite, if you will) but with the wind blowing, it actually looks like it fits her reasonably well. The second picture though? Well, that's without the wind blowing and a much better picture of how the dress really fits her. I couldn't even say she is swimming in it. She's just about drowning in a 4T! *sigh* My little pipsqueak.

Anyway, sorry for the very low quality pics these days. My phone is so much more easily accessible for pictures than my big camera and these days (unless I'm doing a shoot) my motto is: the closest camera available is better than no camera at all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...