This coming Friday brings about a major event for Miss A: her debut as a flowergirl in my cousin J's wedding!!
Now, I'd like to say we are fully prepared for this momentous occasion but I know better than that. Miss A is a feisty and lively little three year old lady who has been known to look at us and say, "You're being ORNERY." (Kids say the darndest things, eh? You can imagine how often she has heard this said to her these days that she has learned it by this point. *Grrrr*)
Nevertheless, I'm optimistic that despite the fact that work/teaching obligations require us to miss the rehearsal of the ceremony, Miss A will be the best darned flower girl that side of the Mason-Dixon. Too optimistic of me to proclaim such a thing?
Well... I DO have this up my sleeve to help to convince her to get from one end of the aisle to the other if such a thing becomes so necessary...
*sigh*
Miss A is SO into mermaids right now and though we have resisted the pull of all things Disney Princess to this point, I'm giving in because I know that the above will be more than enough to convince her to walk very happily down the aisle. *shrug* What can I say? I'm not above bribery.

No comments:
Post a Comment