As I post this we are just about on the verge of the first of the worst that is hurricane Irene for the DC metropolitan area. It's actually been pretty quiet around here for the most part and at present time we still have power, water, and cable service. (Obviously, since I am blogging right now.)
Earlier today I started laundry so that I will have my nice work clothes to wear for work (God-willing) next week for the second go 'round of school and I also gave Miss A a haircut in good ol' Buster Brown fashion...
I'm pretty amazed that I have been able to continue doing home haircuts for Miss A and NOT have them look too bad but I know those days will end soon enough when she gets to the age wear the Buster Brown look just won't hack it anymore and/or her friends are the reason why she will not subject herself to me with the best pair of scissors I can find in the house. (I don't have hair cutting shears. I believe that Nana V is going to be remedying that this Christmas though.)
This evening we have had a delicious dinner - steak (in case we lose power for days and thus our better groceries), fresh corn on the cob and broccoli - and right now Miss A is watching her new favorite episode of Caillou and D is in his man-cave enjoying a cigar. After I'm done blogging I might try and squeeze out some photo editing of my latest portrait jobs - that of which I am totally backed up on because ragweed and the start of the school year has robbed me of so much work time. *grrrrr* We are pretty well set for the storm to pass over us though and we're just praying for all of our friends and family who are also going to be affected. Tomorrow I am scheduled to run the projector at church but since the worst of the storm will be hitting us in the middle of the night, I might very well be out of the job! Still, our church plans on having services - power or not. (Thank God for having a church family/community that knows faith and belief requires nothing more than two or three gathering in His name.)
I guess that's it for us. In case you were curious, this is what it looked like outside our house maybe an hour ago...
Obviously when the storm hits we are going to really try and stay away from such a huge window but it's been nice to have while it's not been too dangerous because it really does give us a terrific view of the happenings outside.
Signing off for now! Hope you all are dry and comfortable wherever you are. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment