Sunday, November 29, 2009

The P-word

Miss A has many many nicknames but the one that we've never called her is princess. It's such a typical nickname for a daughter but for D and I? We've been reluctant to use it because of the things that it can imply. We don't want people thinking that we do or they should cater to Miss A the way real princesses have it. We also don't want Miss A thinking that she can get or have whatever she wants whenever she wants or that she can't be rough and tumble if she wants to. And so, we've never called her princess!

Today, though, we ran into a bit of a problem. I put her hanbok on her (that never fit her the way it should have when she turned one because she's just a tiny girl) and she was just completely transformed into a little tiny person that could only be described as a princess...


I don't know what it is about dresses that are like this but it's like they inspire full on twirling and dancing and all kinds of princess-like mannerisms and even Miss A was immune to them in all of her one and a half years!!

The dress still has at least another two inches that the strap will be able to extend to and I'm so happy about that. Not every little girl gets to have a real dress that is so princess-like to call her own, y'know?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...