Anyway, I wanted to recognize this occasion with some recent things that have been on the camera but - for whatever reason - haven't made it on the blog so far. These are all recent happenings and definitely important but still somehow weren't on the docket to be posted here. Don't ask me how or why it's been like this. The only thing that I could cite as the reason would be that Miss A spilled a whole glass of water on the desktop keyboard a week or so ago and since I've not been able to use it regularly I've been kind of out of sorts and therefore out of habit.
So here they are in all their glory! I give you some outtakes of my amazing family!!!
A weekend or so ago D took it upon himself to tear down the fence that has seemingly divided us from the rest of the neighborhood since long before we even lived here. It was (literally) blood, sweat, tears (and LOTS of rain!!!) at times but all of his toiling paid off and I'm sure you will agree that toiling is indeed what he did...


The A-frame contraption that he's using was his own genius design to try and create better leverage to lift some of the ridiculous cement blocks that were holding some of the fence posts in. The contraption was.... mildly helpful. Thankfully, our very kind neighborhood across the street came over and pulled the one post out with (literally) brute force. It definitely helped that he was about the size of an industrial sized refrigerator and probably could have walked onto any pro football team as one of their defensive lineman or something. (I don't know enough about football to know the positions but what I'm trying to say is the guy was HUGE.)[EDIT: D has corrected me and the aforementioned and reports that he is the one who got the one pictured out and the neighborhood got a different one out.]
And then, of course, we've got Miss A and her best friend (our dog) hanging out on the couch watching a little bit of the Disney channel. I think they were watching Handy Manny actually.
Don't you just love how Miss A is hogging all of the blankets on the couch? Please note: She's also wearing her favorite cow print pajamas. Sadly, her lately growth spurt has her on the verge of being too big for them! Say it ain't so!!!But I will tell you what IS so! It's Miss A's hair!!!! Check out how so very long it is these days. Think we will be able to get it into pigtails by next summer??? I would LOVE that! That would be awesome!!!
And finally... *sigh*... this is why Miss A cannot be trusted to be left to her own devices for even two measly seconds these days!!! Though I wasn't the "guilty party" who wasn't looking in the first place *coughDcough*, I will readily admit that this can (and will for that matter) happen to anyone of us who thinks that it could never happen to them!
The story behind the pictures? Well, D was doing his usual morning routine and trying to also eat some breakfast at the same time and while he was turned around doing something or other, Miss A took it upon herself to get a second helping of cereal. Take note of the Calvin and Hobbes face she's making as she's stuffing her face and the spoon that she attempted to use to scoop her mess off the floor and eat like a civilized person (OF COURSE).
Happy 102nd blog posting, all!!! Thanks for keeping up with All of us Ellwoods!

No comments:
Post a Comment