Monday, November 2, 2009

It doesn't get much better than this

To say I'm rarely in front of the camera would be a ridiculous understatement. What can I say? For as long as I can remember, I've just been more of a behind-the-scenes type. But for at least tonight, I changed it up though.

In my adventures of motherhood, I've ventured into the world of cooking. This is a huge deal for me as I've never been much of a cook. As a single lady, I was notorious for cooking random assortments of food and eating personal buffets of just side dishes. It wasn't until D came along that I learned that a proper meal was comprised of a protein, a starch or potato, and a vegetable. D is actually the primary cook in our home because he naturally makes a more well composed meal. I've made a point to try and learn more to be a little better domesticated though.

Of my childhood there are a handful of recipes/meals that were favorites to my brothers and me. One of them was stromboli. And because D and I are trying to stretch dollars as far as they will go and because stromboli is very delicious and filling, it was decided that now was finally the time to try my hand at it.

I've called my mother (Nana V) no less than three times in the past two days trying to make sure that I understood the recipe properly and got all the ingredients right. And because new endeavors always require me to hold someone's hand to get me through, Miss A got to be the lucky little love to help it all come together.

It's nights like these with Miss A that I know I will always cherish the most...





Miss A was very timid at first but reluctantly touched the dough toward the end. After a could of rounds of kneading she decided to just watch me and snitch from the lunch meat and cheese piles that I had put aside for the fillings. :) Having her just keep me company was more than enough for me!

I put Miss A right into a bath and then into pajamas not long after we finished the strombolis and she wasn't able to make it to see them be baked and then sliced for sampling but I think we did a pretty decent job with them.



The best part of them? Well... they were filled with so much more than just yummy fillings and really it's the TLC that made them as delicious as they are.


1 comment:

AshleyHami said...

Awww....those are some great photos to be cherished!

Some of my favourite memories with my own mother are of baking...*sigh* good times.

It's so cute seeing how carefully A is watching too...hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...