Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pinky

A couple of months ago I rediscovered crocheting by way of the art of Amigurumi. I've actually tried to learn to crochet at least two times before but it just never worked out. I think it's because I can't handle the long-term projects like big afghans or things that can be worn. Little hand held stuffies though? They are just enough fun to hold my attention and keep me coming back for more!

Late last evening I finally finished my first Amigurumi ever!!! I have collected tons of patterns and pattern books since my interest in making them was peaked but this one was actually made from a free pattern off of the LionBrand.com site. It was super easy and much faster than most of the patterns that I have been trying to work my way through. I would have done it in a more traditional style/color but the only yarn I had on hand was pink! It could have turned out obnoxiously funky but I'm pretty pleased with it...






I'm going to try and stitch up a whole menagerie of all different types of little creatures! Our church is having a fundraiser on Easter Sunday to help the teens finance a mission trip and all of the ladies at Sewing Circle (where I go every other Saturday) are telling me that some Amigurumi would go like hot cakes and really bring in some money!!! I'm excited to make as many more as I can and help the church out as well! My next finished one is probably going to be a red and black ladybug and I'll post pictures of it when it's finished.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...