Thursday, March 26, 2009

Doing the Squinchy face

Wow! It's been almost a full week since I've posted anything!!! It's actually not been for lack of things to post. Really it's been because I've been too busy driving myself out of my skull trying to tackle my latest crochet project - making a Thomas the Tank Engine stuffy WITHOUT A PATTERN! (yes - you read that right *big sigh*) for Baby A's best buddy at daycare who's last day is tomorrow. Sadly, I think it's defeating me. This is not to say it's not working out but more that it's not going to be done by my deadline of tomorrow.

I've been up until at least midnight every night for the past week crocheting until my fingers are sore and very tender. I might be almost 3/4 of the way there but tonight I think I'm going to stop killing myself, throw in the proverbial towel, and just mail it snail mail when it's done. Many parts of my life have literally been put on hold because of this ridiculous endeavor that I've embarked on. I am my own worst enemy. (But I promise to post pictures of it ASAP when I do finish it. Because I WILL finish it because it's basically become a vendetta of sorts.)

Anyway, I needed a pick-me-up to lighten my defeated mood and just backed up my camera phone files. Thought you all might enjoy checking out my two recent favorites of Baby A. They are of her watching one of her favorite youtube videos of the opening of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Playhouse video. She LOVES the music and all of the little characters dancing around!! She would watch it 20 times over and again if we let her. And how do I know she lovesm it so much? Well... she does this thing that I call the "squinchy face" when she gets really excited about something. It used to be that she started clapping (well, she still does that I guess) but now she's added this thing where she squinches her face all up, squints her eyes real small and opens and closes her mouth repeatedly. It sounds crazy but I think it's the cutest thing in the world. Check it out...



She does it once at the end in this one.



She does it repeatedly in this one.


Isn't that great??? I love that face!!!! And she doesn't do it all the time, just when she gets super excited.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...