Today was steeped in great blessings and answered prayers! As of 9:30am Miss A will officially be withdrawn from her current preschool by Thanksgiving and will start at a new (much better) pre-K program come last week of November/first week of December.
Miss A's current preschool has been OK. Seriously. It's been OK and nothing more than that. D and I have been about 50% satisfied in our experience there and according to us (both of us teachers) 50% is actually a failing grade! In recent weeks we've witnessed incidents that have been just plain unprofessional of some of the staff. Things we've also heard Miss A parroting (that we KNOW have not come from us) have also raised eyebrows on more than a few occasions and after a major incident last week? D and I were done.
As parents (who are also teachers) D and I strive to not be "those parents." Time and time again we are willing to look at Miss A's teachers and be generous at giving them the benefit of the doubt. For as generous as we've been though? We're pretty spent at this point. Thankfully (and prayerfully) the Lord has provided an amazing new option that we didn't think we had. It's one that far exceeds the standards we had for her current place on top of the fact that it's cheaper monthly as well as annually! (This might seem to be unnecessary to note but there are two unrelated reasons why it's both.)
The other day when I was picking up Miss A, I was walking through the hallways of her preschool and really taking it in and trying to make sure that (truly) our decision to transfer her to another place would be as informed as possible. Yes - they've done all of the "usual" stuff a preschool ought to do but we shouldn't be paying extra for something that is a given and that's definitely what we've been doing on the whole.
We know the transition might be hard for Miss A because she will be leaving her friends but it's going to be a good thing in the long run and especially with it happening when she's so young? She should adapt very well for the most part. And anyway, if you ask Miss A what SHE is thankful for, apparently she'll tell you this...
*sigh*
As shown, the things she is so grateful for are likely not going anywhere but wherever she goes! I'm just glad D and I both made the leaf!


No comments:
Post a Comment