Two nights ago I came home from being away for most of the weekend because I was having some "girl time" with one of my BFFs as well as doing a family portrait shoot in Baltimore and an engagement shoot in downtown DC. Miss A was SO happy to see me and I almost couldn't sit down fast enough in order for her to sit next to me and/or on my lap.
Once we were both comfortably on the couch together she promptly told me,"Papa is not my friend" (referring to Dave) and that it was because "He's a boy." Then she rattled off other individuals her were also boys (including the dog) and who were also not her friends. After that she told me all of the individuals that were girls (the cat and I were on the list *phew*) and confirmed their friendship status. The whole time, D and I sat in the most composed way we could muster - meaning NOT laughing and appearing to take the conversation seriously - and at one point D put his fist in the air as a declaration of his solidarity for Miss A's refusal to be friends with boys even if it excluded him. Miss A is at such a fun age and stage right now and we can't even help ourselves to do anything other than marvel at her and be amused with it all.
Last night I had to run a last minute errand right before bedtime and Miss A happily rode along with me. She was having such a good time that when it was time for us to return home she made a fuss and started arguing with me. I finally convinced her that she was wrong with the argument that there was ice cream at home and so it was a pretty good place to go to. The tables turned and all of a sudden she wanted to rush home as quickly as possible and she told me, "You can share MY ice cream, Mama. I will share my ice cream with you!"
It's truly amazing to see Miss A's personality come out in the funny and fun things she says. She's such a tiny little person but her personality is just so big sometimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment