Monday, November 21, 2011

1 Chronicles16:8

We are in such a good place these days. Last Friday D received word that he is officially DONE with his all of the requirements for his Masters degree, tomorrow is Miss A's last day at her preschool and I continue to have steady work in all of my business ventures.

We had a wonderfully fun weekend with Miss A discovering the joy that is a warm cup of hot chocolate. She calls it her "coffee" and loved partaking in the Saturday morning ritual that I believe we will keep as a mainstay at our house. These days she just wants to do things as close to what grown-ups are doing and anything else more that she can do to be "twinsies" with me she is up for.



She's also getting so much more into role-playing/playing pretend. Somehow she found her way into some of our holiday/Christmas decor and discovered that some lovely placemats make very nice personal rugs for each of her dolls and stuffies to do "circle time" with her.  I suppose we could have taken the placemats away from her but my thinking is that we can always wash them when it's time to use them and if she is treating them nicely anyway what's the big deal? She's making some seriously good memories for herself and her childhood and I am all for that.


With tomorrow being her last day at her daycare center and also the school's mini Thanksgiving feast for the kids, we are preparing for a way to give thanks to the staff and friends she has made while she's been there.  I have ordered a big tray of her favorite main course (Chicken nuggets in the most deluxe way they can get - from Chik-fil-a!) and I will be finishing up these tokens of friendship for her friends to have tomorrow when she says good-bye to them...


Before you go giving me credit for my creativity and ingenuity, I got the idea from Pinterest. I like the idea so much though that I will probably recycle it for her Valentine's day exchanges. It's so easy to take a picture of her and then throw some graphic lettering on there to make it fun.  Cutting the picture just right so that the lollipop holds well is tricky but that's the worst part of it and if that's all I have to complain about? I'd say I have it pretty good.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all if I don't get a chance to tell you in a more timely manner! Hope you are receiving the Lord's richest blessings in your own lives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...