I have been anticipating this coming week for months now. One of my best friends in the whole world is getting married in Texas next Saturday and I have the incredible honor of being a part of her nuptials. Additionally, I'm going to get to spend time with two very dear friends who are local to the area and though I'm excited about all of it? I mean... really! I AM. (I promise!) Being in Texas means that I won't get to be home and with Miss A and D and also my beloved students at school/work! And it won't be for just one day that I don't get to be home. Nope! It means that I will be gone for almost a full week!!!
A normal person would be rejoicing over all of this because something like this is also known as a vacation to some. Well... I guess I'm just not normal. Perhaps I shouldn't have accidentally just listened to this song from Taylor Swift because it's not helping at all. All of you folks out there who are parents of daughters (especially)? I challenge you to listen to this and pay close attention to the lyrics and not be a bawling and weeping mess by the end of the song...
This next week I know I have the incredible honor to stand up with my best friend and watch her take her vows with the love of her life. Still, I can't help but think about all of the things I'm going to miss about my everyday life here. And I would list off the litany of things that I will miss but I just started to and it only made me more sad about not being here.
I'm just so thankful for the life that which the Lord has blessed me. I fuss about how it all tires me out and wears me down but the truth is that I cherish every moment I have D and Miss A. It gets better and better every minute of every day and I know it will be here waiting in its own holding pattern until I get back but still? I will long for it until then.

No comments:
Post a Comment