I was in Dallas last weekend for a myriad of reasons and one of my good buddies there took me to an AMAZING H-Mart with a "Korea town"-type plaza that was like Hello Kitty and Pororo (another popular animated Korean character) heaven! (My friend is also an Asian gal who has a daughter and they both enjoy Hello Kitty as much as Miss A and me.)
Anyway, I have been looking for MONTHS for some Ugg-style boots for Miss A and lo and behold I found them on my trip!! Miss A is nuts over the pink AND the Hello Kitty design and I might be even more excited than she is. Wouldn't you know that I had to find these just when we are on the verge of Spring and warm weather around here? *hrumph!* Oh well. The weather people ARE calling for snow showers this weekend so at least we get just a few more couple of days to justify furry boots. These are just TOO. CUTE!
Something else I brought from my Texas travels for Miss A was a really cool and fun "rock collection." It was actually bought in a gift store of a place called Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth and the whole thing was really gimmicky - fill a bag of rocks for two bucks or something - but I saw it and I knew Miss A would really enjoy it and appreciate it. I'm happy to report that she has very much appreciated and enjoyed the whole collection! Well, actually, she really only likes the part of the collection that is pink and/or purple. She is SUCH A GIRLY-GIRL!!! Every time we get them out for her to play with she separates and groups them by color and she always keeps the "pretty" and "girly" ones for herself and relegates all of the rest to whomever is playing with her. For the record? The other ones are actually very pretty even though they aren't pink and/or purple. See the right picture for evidence.
The last thing I brought home from Dallas for Miss A was a Pororo trainer chopstick set. I saw it and I could not resist getting it! I thought I would have to save it for a while because her hands are kind of small and wasn't sure that they could fit her hands but when she saw them she HAD TO have them and I couldn't bring myself to tell her she had to wait. It's a good thing I was so easily coerced to give them over because Miss A took to them like a duck to water! This morning she ate her snack of oyster crackers and cheese stars with them and she did such a good job!!! I'm SO proud of her!
![]() |
| Check out how pleased with herself she is. I just love this picture of her! |
My mom/Nana V stopped in to visit with us and have breakfast this morning and she was just as impressed with Miss A's chopstick set and now I think she might be on a mission to find a few more sets for all of the rest of the grandkids! Let's hope she doesn't have to go all the way to Dallas for them the way I had to.
And just because I think these are so cute, here is the case that the chopsticks came in with a matching soup spoon. The interior is an awesome wipeable/easy to clean vinyl!
![]() |
And here is the Pororo trainer set (it's specifically designed to be for right-handed training) with the pouch. The spoon was in the dishwasher.
This Pororo set comes in two other characters I think and also in PINK and I might have to recruit my Dallas connections to get them for me (for Miss A... well, OK... for me a little bit too) in time for the next few gift giving holidays.









No comments:
Post a Comment