Monday, December 28, 2009

little BIG girl

Well well well. Today was quite the day for little Miss A.... *ahem* BIG Miss A. Is tomorrow her birthday? Is she turning 18? You'd think so.

Less than an hour ago, I was getting Miss A ready for bed. She insisted on having four cookies for a snack (that of which she ate all at one time!) and then when I gave her a reminder that it was bedtime she said "No." As soon as D heard that he was immediately on her and said, "YES. It's BEDTIME." And I followed up with, "Nigh-night time!" And Miss A proclaimed to everyone who was listening, "NO nigh-night!!" I tell you - I'm surprised that there's wasn't a local earthquake because both D's and my jaws dropped straight to the floor that it had to have been heard and felt by all in our neighborhood.

And D, just because he wanted to be sure that he heard Miss A right said, again, "Nigh-night!" And Miss A promptly responded with, "NO NIGH-NIGHT." Amazing. Truly Amazing! And it's officially her first sentence of her own design as all of what she's said to this point "Where is he/she?" and "Sit down" and "Bye-bye kids!" has been things that she has heard D and I say and she's merely echoed. If this is just a sampling of what Miss A has in store for us, I'm sure she's going to be saying WAY more than just the "darnedest" things that most kids are known to say.

And if all of the aforementioned wasn't enough, guess what else! Tonight Miss A sat at her own little table and ate her dinner all by herself on a little plate of her own with some new Minnie Mouse silverware from her Godfather E! Check it out...




I've listened to what everyone has told me about how she's going to grow up SO fast and I better enjoy it while it lasted but all of this? Well, all of this is just more than I ever bargained for. Who has the "pause" button to keep Miss A little a little longer?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...