Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekly Bentos - #2

I feel like I'm getting faster at assembling and organizing in bento-style but in terms of getting a little more creative beyond just adding some colorful sprinkles, I need a little help.  Not bad for week two though.  And since practice makes perfect, imagine where I could be by next year at this time!

Another thing I've found is that I used to skip meals during the day all together and just run on coffee.  I know.  So sad.  Since I've started bento boxing for our whole family though, I'm enjoying it on the end of eating them as well!  I look forward to lunch and I want to eat lunch!  Last night I went to be early because I just really really needed it and was only able to throw together a bento box of leftovers (see the pierogi one) for Miss A at least.  I woke up at my usual 5AM wake up call intending to assemble the rest of her lunch, do my scripture study and devotionals and ended up having just enough time to eek out two lunches (one for D and one for me).  Not sure how it happened but it did and I feel like I made some of my best adult bentos yet! Anyway, here are the bentos from this week.

Turkey/cheese roll-ups, steamed broccoli, goldfish crackers, canned pears with sprinkles

Grilled chicken pasta with broccoli and bacon bits, apple sauce cup, dark chocolate M&Ms
Broccoli and bacon pasta, mini hot dogs, cheese squares, sugar snap peas,  and sweet yellow peppers
I don't know if the breakfast one really counts but I'm including it anyway because I feel like at this point, any practice I can get will help me.
"Baby" bagel with cream cheese (writing in edible marker) and sausage links

Turkey/Cheese sandwich cut with a Christmas cookie cutter on a bed of popcorn  goldfish pretzels, baby carrots on the borders.  She also got a hot thermos of "noodles" - more like cheeseburger macaroni.
Cheese scrambled eggs with cheese heart cut outs, sausage links, canned pears with sprinkles
"Little girl" sandwich on a bed of goldfish with raspberries and sugar snap peas
Leftover pierogi with flower illustration on a bed of steamed broccoli with apple sauce cup and baby carrots.  This accompanied a hot pot of chicken and dumplings. Not sure why the picture posted this way.  It was supposed to be landscape orientation.

Deconstructed turkey and cheese sandwich into roll-up style with club crackers,  orange cut sushi-style.  This was my lunch and the more I do this the more I am encouraged to NOT skip lunch and actually want to eat it.
"Little girl" french toast slices with sausage links and raspberries

Breakfast slider with egg and cheese and raspberries


D's lunch - Pasta with sauce, raw sugar snaps and carrots and orange cut sushi-style

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...