Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some things never get old

Some of my fondest memories of my childhood are of bedtime when my mother would read to me. There were the ol' favorites that most every child remembers but then there were also the longer books without pictures that I remember fondly: The Little House on the Prairie series, Charlotte's Web, Alice and Wonderland, and an anthology of short stories about dolls. And the memories of hours of bedtime stories aren't mine alone! My two older brothers have also recounted the similar happy memories of their childhood as well! And because I can be such a traditionalist sometimes, I'm doing my best to make story time an absolute staple of bedtime for Miss A as well.

Miss CAN. NOT. go to bed without the same two stories every night. One is a book that my mom got for her from a yard sale or thrift store called "When Mama Comes Home Tonight" and the other one is "Hop on Pop" by Dr. Seuss. I can't recall when we read these books to Miss A for the first time but they are her absolute favorites and she even insists on reading them before her naps as well. Talk about a creature of habit!

As it turns out, we've read both of these stories SO MANY TIMES, Miss A has actually memorized them! Tonight I took some video of her chiming in on different parts of "Hop on Pop." I think it's just about the cutest thing because she has a hard time saying "Hop on Pop" and it always comes out as "Hop on Hop." *sigh* I will ALWAYS remember these times with her. ALWAYS.



P.S. In case you were counting, this is our 200th post so far on the blog!! Pretty nifty, eh? Thanks for keeping up with us. We've still got plenty more adventures to share just yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...