Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Matthew 19:14


Matthew 19:14 NIV 
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

These days in the Ellwood house, we live in "prayer mode."  We are devout followers of Christ and His teachings and we work diligently to walk closer to Him and know what He wants us to do with our live and we work very hard to raise Miss A to do the same thing.

We've done bedtime and meal time prayers for as long as I can remember (with Miss A) but recently I've employed prayer time at other times during the day as well.  We've prayed in the car, we've stopping and prayed in the middle of playing, and once we even paused for a minute during bath time!  Perhaps it seems like we've taken prayer to the extremes and we're using it as if there are no bounds with it?  Well... that's kind of the point.

Prayer is the only way I know to actively and directly seek Christ for direction, forgiveness, hope, love, mercy, and grace.  It's the one thing that we the people have been given to use as a tool to speak directly to the Lord.  And so, we pray so much so that Miss A will seek Christ whenever she needs to - even if that means she has to interrupt her own plans to do so.  Because it's not our plans that we need to be carrying out but rather His.

It's a beautiful thing when I come home after a long day of pursuing the Lord through the work that I'm doing (that's come from tremendous prayer but more on this later) to a home and a family that actively serves, worships, and praises the Lord.  Because as for me and my house?  Well... we WILL serve the Lord.  (Joshua 24:15)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...