One of the perks of having a little girl is definitely being able to dress her up like the sweet little doll that she is. I'm not talking clothes, I'm talking accessories! She actually doesn't have as many as you might think but that's quickly changing only because I've finally found a solution to the very thing that was standing in the way of this.
A little backstory:
When I was in college, I worked as a daycamp counselor for five summers in a row. It was by far and away my most favorite job EVER because I got paid to hang out with the most adorable 5-6 year olds for entire summers! This means indulging myself in the silliest (and most favorite) of my remembered childhood moments like eating messy popsicles, going on nature hikes, swimming with swimmies(!), playing duck-duck-goose, and (the best thing of all) playing "dress-up." I was the resident hair "stylist" and was known for my creative braiding and bow tying abilities and it got to the point where parents would drop off their little ladies with freshly washed hair for me to just do for them in the morning.
So when I discovered that I was having a little girl? I immediately launched into dreams of being able to braid and tie up her beautiful hair in fantastic styles. Unfortunately my sweet little lady, Miss A, has had a head full of hair that just plain won't grow all too fast. I've tried little tiny bows and barrettes and just about everything and very little will stay on her cute little baby-fine hair covered head. I even resorted to making her a hat (viking style if you remember) that actually had fake braids attached to it! I've done everything I could think of to be able to properly adorn her.
Well, this past weekend I FINALLY hit the jackpot with finding something works!!!
Say hello to the headband hairbow private collection of little Miss A...





They were SO easy AND fun to make and I'm definitely going to make more for her as well as more to sell in an Etsy shop! They stayed on her head (for the most part) and she tolerated them very well and didn't try to pull them off! AND she just looked super duper adorable wearing them - definitely the best thing about them. :)
I made just these five to "test" 1) if I could make them successfully and 2) as a start using colors that could work across her wardrobe. So far so good with what I've managed and next on the list is one in Steelers colors (but of course, right?).
No comments:
Post a Comment