Monday, January 21, 2013

This is how we spent our MLKJr day

It was a four day weekend for us at our house and it's been very well spent. This is the last day and we are definitely all sad to have to go back to school. It's been so much time lazing around the house in our sweats and pajamas and not having to go any place we didn't want to go.

Miss A has had a grand ol' time doing what she does best: being the resident "imaginer" of things to do and play around the house. Her favorite things to do these days is anything involving her "girls" (that includes her crew of four dolls). Not amazingly, the four that she has are not nearly enough for her and she has a wishlist of at least four more - all are American Girl dolls. *phew* Don't tell Miss A but *shhhhhhh* she will be getting one of those dolls probably for her birthday as I was able to win it on ebay in gently played with condition. Perhaps I am feeding an insatiable habit of hers? *shrug* The dolls are incredibly well-made and they hold their value and they are kind of the only things she really wants as she plays with every day it seems so I don't see it as too big of a deal. And... as it goes? I have my creative ways to get plenty of AG stuff - dolls or what have you - without coming close to "breaking the bank" ever.  Don't ever underestimate the powers and tricks of a "mom on a mission!" *haha*

The daily gymnastics meet!

Dressed up, crowned, and throned.

Cuddling up to a royal steed who ended up turning into a prince!

Plumb tuckered out from a good day's play

Once I got Miss A down for her nap, I spent the better part of the day being steered by D's critiques in order to work on nailing my latest painting endeavor. To say that it is time consuming is a serious understatement.
The current painting that I am working on. It's oil on a 36 x 36 cotton canvas.

So much fun but so much work!!! Nothing I love doing more than this kind of work though. Such a blessing for me to be able to devote time to painting the way I have been able to. It has taken me a solid two weeks to get the piece to this point and I estimate I will need another week or two to finally finish it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...