Last week was Homecoming week for the school where I teach. A number of activities had to be cancelled due to various reasons outside of the control of administration but one was kept - the Fall Festival. For this event, they turn some of our sports fields into a big community space into a bit of a small carnival set-up. I participate by helping to oversee the face-painting station that is run by the Art club.
This past Fall Festival was a very fun time. D had to help out coordinating a fellowship/community event for something he is involved in so Miss A came along with me to "shadow" me until D could join me later. I talked up the event number of days in advance and so by the time Saturday rolled around, Miss A was totally hyped up for the Fall "Vegetable." And I tried to get her to say festival instead of vegetable but it just wasn't working out so we just went with the Fall "Vegetable" the way she thought it was supposed to be.
Miss A had both of her cheeks painted (a heart and a flower) and also enjoyed rooting on some of the students who were playing powder puff - she was even yelling, "Go TEAM!" at the appropriate times. Miss A's favorite thing for the day was the inflatable jumping thing. I have no pictures of that but it's probably better that way because 1) she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to take a decent picture with my phone and 2) she pitched a fit BOTH times when D and I told her to stop and that it was time to give someone else a turn. (It's so hard to be little sometimes. *sigh*) Anyway, here is a cute shot of her with her painted face and sitting at the powder puff game.

No comments:
Post a Comment