Friday, July 15, 2011

Just keeps getting better

Miss A is fast becoming my shadow. And I'm not gonna lie. It's very validating because who wouldn't want some eager little person following them around getting excited about every little thing they do like their number one fan and president of their fanclub?

The other day I had stripped the master bed down and was trying to get all of the bedding back on. Miss A was right at my heels and/or on the bed itself through the whole process. It, of course, took probably 10 minutes longer than it probably could have but I love that she insists upon just being with me the way she does. She wants to see everything and she wants to be there and she wants to learn and "help" in the small ways she can manage. For as much as she can be a little bit of a challenge because she is constantly so underfoot, I do love this time with her especially because I know there will come a day when she will no longer think I'm "cool" enough for her and will choose instead to be hanging out with her best girl and *gulp* boy friends.

Anyway, in the midst of the bed making, she flopped down on her tummy, looked very seriously through this empty paper towel roll she had claimed earlier as her own (for a pretend microphone) and she declared, "MAMA. I'm looking for PIRATES." I was lucky enough to have my phone close by and I snapped a picture...


I believe this might be one of my favorite of surely many more that I will remember of her in all of her toddler times.

This morning when I was up with her, we were doing our usual of getting ready for preschool. We must have both been thinking the same thing because she looked at me and said, "Mama, I don't want to go to school today. No school, Mama. No monkey bars!" I had no issue with indulging her very affirmative directive and we celebrated with a little bit of a dance off to some old school music videos courtesy of Comcast-on-demand. In the midst of the legendary "Right Stuff" by NKOTB she looked at me and said, "Shake your pits, Mama! SHAKE YOUR PITS!!" and kept right on dancing in a way that, I'm assuming (?) was proper pit shaking. I couldn't figure out how to "shake my pits" and she had a serious issue with this and attempted to teach me but quickly got annoyed at my inability to learn proper form and technique and just kind of rolled her eyes at the "mom" way I was dancing instead and I had to laugh quietly to myself. 

I really never thought having a kid would be this fun. I have always had a natural love for kids but I never believed that having one of my own would be so wonderful. Having a kid is AWESOME. Take it from me - the person who swore up and down that I could never be a mom and would never be a mom. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...