Monday, October 5, 2009

I really hate good-byes


Today was a sick day for me! I wasn't feeling well anyway last evening and then I spent all last night and into the wee morning hours up dealing with Miss A. We think she's cutting some of her bottom teeth and though she's being a real trooper about it all, it's definitely cut into what was once a very nice sleep-all-the-way-through-the-night schedule for me.

So today I woke up at my usual 5:30AM (after I had gone to bed for good at 4:30AM - mind you!) and I knew almost immediately that I should probably stay home instead. I could barely focus my eyes much less walk in a straight line to get myself ready for work! I stayed up for a little while longer to get Miss up and ready to go with D and then I crawled back into bed and fell asleep for a solid six hours straight!!! It was WONDERFUL!!!
I'm still a little tired but I feel 110% better than I did this morning and I've managed to do three loads of laundry, clean up the kitchen, mop the laundry room (with the water that accidentally flooded it - UGH!) and also run the dog around the yard a little.

While I was outside enjoying what I'm sure will be one of the last warm-ish days of the season I noticed a smattering of dandelions in the yard and pulled my camera out to capture them. I know the end of summer has come already and we are officially in autumn now but I can't help but feel like it's only now that really we're finally having to say good-bye to it. So bittersweet...

See the heart in the center of the dandelion? I was able to find just the right angle to really get its shape just right! If that doesn't capture the essence of what summer really is, I don't know what would! I like this picture so much that I think I might get it printed and hang it someplace in the house! :)
Anyway...

Time to bring on the hot cider and sweaters and scarves and fleece jackets now!!! Always a bright side to things, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...